The parishes of St Mary and St Michael & All Angels, Barnes are looking for an ASSOCIATE PRIEST to join their team
The parishes of St Michael & All Angels and St Mary’s, Barnes, south-west London, seek an Associate Priest to sustain and develop, their mission and ministry. This is a new role with local funding for up to 5 years with incumbent-level status and a housing allowance.
Closing date: Sunday 5th June 2022
Parish visit for shortlisted candidates: 18th June 2022
Interviews: Monday 4th July 2022
This is a role that we hope enables someone to minister with joy out of the heart of their priestly calling,focusing on those aspects of parish ministry that are amongst the most fulfilling. In return we offer supportive colleagues, friendly and interesting parishioners and excellent administrative and laysupport, in the beautiful surroundings of Barnes
The role includes:
- Assisting in the leading a variety of worship across complementary liturgical traditions.
- Supporting Christian formation, pastoral offices and pastoral care.
- Looking outwards to build stronger & new relationships in the local community.
- A specific mission project in each church as well as building on the gifts and talents of the individual.
We are looking for someone who:
• embraces the complementary spiritual and theological traditions of the two parishes. At St Michael’s an inclusive church in the catholic tradition with strong sacramental and liturgical emphasis. At St Mary’s: a central, inclusive tradition, centred on the Eucharist, with a vital role for music in worship and looking outwards serving the local community.
• has a strong personal faith, nurtured by daily prayer and the eucharist, and an ability to communicate the Christian faith that through lively preaching, prayerful worship and thoughtful teaching as well as by their own life and character.
• has excellent inter-personal skills and a strong understanding of parochial ministry in order to draw people more fully into the life of the church through pastoral encounters of all kinds.
• has a love for people, and is able to build up and support teams, building relationships, recognising talents, encouraging discipleship and lay ministry through sensitive collaboration within the church and across the community.
Barnes is an attractive residential area of south-west London within easy reach of Central London and is a joyful and beautiful place to live. The life of the church and the community are woven together through history and bonds of affection that draw us together in mutual love.
See job vacancy application link here
For an informal conversation, please contact:
The Revd James Hutchings ([email protected]) and/or
The Revd Stephen Stavrou ([email protected])